Monday, July 12, 2010

Sparky

I've never really been one for nicknames. My given name doesn't really lend itself to being shortened or altered in any way and any random nickname anyone's ever given me has generally just annoyed the hell out of me. An ex boyfriend called me sugar. All the time. Drove me crazy. His reasoning was that my name starts with an S, and I'm sweet like sugar. Yeah. You can see why that relationship lasted.

Then I met my current guy, who I've been with for 13 months now. Long distance. Yes, I know, it never works blah blah blah heard it all before. Anyway, he was living here when we got together and I may tell that whole story on a different day if it turns out anybody gets curious about it. We went for lunch one day, and I said something (that I have no hope of remembering ever because I talk constantly and trying to remember anything I say at any given time is a lost cause (hello run-on sentence. My English teachers warned me about you) ) that caused him to laugh and say "you're cute, Sparky." The funny part is, I never really questioned it. Neither one of us has any idea where Sparky came from, but it just kind of stuck and I've been Sparky to him ever since.

That being said, I still have an aversion to nicknames and nobody else is allowed to call me anything other than my given name. Many have tried. All have failed.

In other news, does anyone know of some way to permanently de-frizz hair? Mine is huge and wavy and so damn frizzy and it's getting out of control. Pantene Pro-V and defrizzer and my flat iron can only do so much, especially since most days I am lazy and just pull it back in a ponytail/foldover thing to avoid having to try to actually tame it.

Also, Lotus and Frangipani Flower Milk Bath from The Body Shop's Spa Wisdom Polynesia collection (wow that is a pretentious sounding mouthful). You must try. It smells like Hawaii and it's just all kind of amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment